Meat slicers and Meat Mincers are essential tools for any supermarket, deli, restaurant or grocery store, allowing for accurate sliced and sized meats. But used incorrectly and without caution, can injure operators and employees. Our meat slicers have a safety device on blade cover and a blade protection ring to give more safety.
NOTE: It is very important to verify that all the safety devices perform correctly before starting a new working day.
Capable of spinning at hight speeds, the machine’s sharp blade is an ever-present danger to any employee operating it, even when it’s powered off.
Providing the proper training and equipment is the best way of dulling employees’ chance of injury. Teach these small details to cut down on potential problems:
- Make sure the machine’s operator they are of legal age (+18)
- Before allowing them to use it, test the worker’s knowledge of the machine
- Require cut-resistant gloves be worn at all times—both while operating the device and when cleaning it.
- Keep the work area free of clutter. This will make the operation much safer and quicker.
- Stress focus. Eyes should be kept on the tool at all times.
- Remind workers never to push meat with bare hands. Provide a food pusher or tamper to push the food toward the blade.
- Instruct employees to never reach across the slicer. They should turn it off and walk around it to access the other side.
- Necessitate that the blade be locked when not in use. It should be turned off and unplugged before the blade is moved to the “zero” or locked position.
- Forbid tampering with the safety switch. This is a vital component of the meat slicer.
WARNING: Never lift up the sharpener cover if the machine has not been desconnected or unplugged before
The sharpening quality of the blade will guarantee a much longer life of the blade, a perfect cutting slice and this will avoid extra efforts for the motor. Before sharpening, make sure that the blade is completely clean and grease free. The sharpening procedure should be performed at least once a day to keep the cutting edge sharp and last longer.
MOVING THE SLICER:
The slicer is heavy. Two persons are required when lifting or moving it.
MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING THE MEAT SLICERS :
WARNING: Always turn off the machine before cleaning. Extreme precautions Do not touch the edge of the blade.
Clean the slicer after every daily use. Also make sure that the slicer is sufficiently lubricated
For complete information about safety usage read :
How to clean and sharpen the MA-350 SEMIAUTOMATIC SLICER These instructions are valid for all our slicers.